- To be able to participate - you need to form a team of two and both of persons needs to be over 18. Miners under age 18 can participate with their own parents or with a written permission from their caretakers.
- Each team member need to be able to swim and understand the challenge of the sport and the race.
- Each team member have to have a valid insurance which covers swimrun races. Organizer do not have insuranced any competitors in any manner.
- The whole course is marked. You do not need orienteering skills.
- Teams needs to follow the marked course. Along the way organizer controls that teams are following the marked course.
- Deviation from the course will lead to disqualification or time punishment.
- There is one "Energy station" during the course at Halkolampi.
EnergyBuffee at the station consist water, energy drink, pickles and bananas.
- At Kaitalampi there is also station that offers water to competitors.
- There is first aid skilled staff along the route.
- All the gear you have to carry from the start until the finish. You can not leave anything during the course. Trash from energy needs - you can leave at the energy or water stations.
- Mandatory gear
· First aid pressure bandage, packed waterproof
· 2 wetsuits
· 2 whistles
. 2 swim cap (provided by organizer)
. 1 maps (provided by organizer, not waterproof)
- Recommended gear
· water bladder, energy, hand paddles, swimming goggles..
- Mandatory gear will be checked in the registration and also possible check will be performed right after finish line. If case lack of mandatory equipment in these leads to time punishment/ disqualification.
Equipment that are not allowed
- Flotation that is bigger than 100cm x 60cm
- Time start from the start until the last of the team crosses the finish line. Recommendation - cross the finish line together side by side!
- The team and its members competes at its own responsibility. The racers aren’t insured by the race organizer.
- Team has to move together all the time
- Team needs to know the rules and follow them
- The participants shall respect other participants, organization, spectators and the people living in the race area.
- Team that has abandoned the race shall report it as soon as possible to the organization. In this case the team should move together, following the marked route, to nearest manned checkpoint the passed or towards the race center.
- To throw trash in the nature is prohibited. If a team is doing so they will get disqualified.
- The participants are obliged to help another team in case of emergency.
- The participants are not allowed to use unfair methods to get advantages- Doping according to World Anti doping agency is forbidden. See the forbidden all time list http://list.wada-ama.org
- The participants must know the rules and follow these.
- Race jury is the race director and two persons from the race organization.
- The race jury is:
- Enforcing the rules
- Decide the outcome of a protest
- Decide about disqualification
- Decide about course changes and changes in the rules
- The race jury has the right to use “common sense” to take a decision about arisen situation if it is not clear in the rules
- The decision of the race jury is definitive
-A protest must be given to the race organization within an hour after finishing the race (own team or the team that the protest considers).
- A protest must include:
– Time and location
– Team number and signatures of the team members
– Team number or team name of the team that the protest is against
– The reason for the protest
– If possible include witness with name or team number
- A protest that does not fill the criteria mentioned above will be ignored.
-A decision from the race jury will be communicated to those involved as soon as possible.
Offence against the rules leads to disqualification or a time punishment.
It is not allowed to receive assistance from other people than the race organization. Each team has to make their own way from start to finish. External assistance is only permitted where organizer has the energy and water station. (See the course map for location of the stations.)
- The two members of each team has to stay together at all time and cannot be more than 10 meters apart in the water, and 50 meters on land
- Jumping into the water is prohibited! Lakes are not deep by its shores. Start the swims by careful slide on the surface of the water.
- The race organization can refuse a team to continue if they judge them not capable due to fatigue or being in such bad physical condition that continued racing would be to take unnecessary risk.
- if one of the team member needs to drop out from the race. The other team member can not continue alone. The whole team has to drop off from the race.
- Competitors may have own sponsor logos/markings in their race gear.
- Registration is done by an online application form with entry fee.
- The race format is racing in teams. The team is responsible for finding a reserve, even in case of injury and sickness.
- The entry fee will be reimbursed by 50 % by the race organization against a medical certificate, if the abandon of the race occurs within a month before race date. Previous cancellations are handled by a fee of 50 euros.
- It is allowed to change team member/ name change
- External sales of your entry are allowed
- Cancellation and name changes needs to be informed: firstname.lastname@example.org
Pictures and film free rights
The participants gives the race organisation the right to use pictures and film material taken during the race to be used free of rights in marketing, press material, internet, television, social media and films etc
Accepting the rules
By entering the race each team member accepts the rules in full.
Validation of rules
Rules can be updated until start of the race. Read the rules and race information just before the race day. We inform the updates and changes in our web- pages www.laketolake.fi